Wednesday 30 June 2010

Frugal Food Gifts

Looking through bargains at the supermarket can lead you to share your finds with friends and family. Recently my Husband and I were shopping together and found a couple of wholemeal fresh tin loaves that his Mother likes for just 5p each, so we bought them and gave them to her. She was really pleased to get an unexpected gift and it cost just 10p! Another day I went shopping alone and found a single solitary fresh jammy and sugary doughnut for 5p, no good for our large family (about one bite each perhaps) but perfect as a surprise supper for my Husband! I took it to him with a cup of hot coffee and he was pleased, I didn't tell him it was only 5p though...secrets out now if he ever reads this post!! Oh well, he'll probably be pleased that I didn't pay too much and anyway it's the thought that counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment