Sunday 27 June 2010

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog which focuses on having frugal fun while living a simple life in the Country. Having been born and bred in the beautiful Devon countryside, living simply has been a way of life for my family and myself long before the recent crisis known as the credit crunch. 'Simple living' has a unique interpretation for each individual but basically entails focusing on the essentials of life. Having 'frugal fun' may sound like an oxymoron but I truly enjoy treasure hunting for bargains which meet needs for myself or family without costing the earth. There was a time when I had to be frugal in order to make the monthly wage reach to the next payment (during that time I soon learnt that a month was a very long time...). Nowadays, I guess that I am voluntarily frugal now as we do have spare cash set aside for those unexpected large bills or necessary purchases. However, managing a large family necessitates wisdom in stretching the cash and if I wasn't frugal then we could soon be feeling sorry for ourselves. Living simply and being frugal doesn't mean that my house is totally empty or that I never buy anything! For me, it is about being wise with what I have been given and not cluttering my life and home with what isn't necessary. Although simplicity is my goal, in a large family it is a continuous and ongoing process of decluttering when items are no longer required as needs change over time especially if you have children.

No comments:

Post a Comment