Monday 9 August 2010

Active Date Night

Last Friday night's date night was the most active one we have had since my foot operation! I was feeling rather ambitious and suggested that we go for a walk together... a 3 mile walk!! We drove just a few miles then got out, parked in the layby and walked a mile and a half to the next town. There we walked around the park, watched a bit of a bowling match. It was good to see several younger members playing on the teams, as it always used to be portrayed as a game for Seniors. We saw a lot of flowers, especially roses and also a sweet little bird looking out of its nest up inside the roof of the bandstand. After we had been around the park we walked the mile and a half back to the car and went home to eat.

Dinner was much appreciated after this walk, the microwave soon heated the Lamb Moussaka for my Husband which he had with the chips I had cooked earlier when giving the children their dinner. He also had a small ice cream bar covered in crunchy chocolate for afters. I just had a jacket potato with cheese and a full salad for my dinner as I had my weigh in the next morning!

Tonight's date cost a little diesel for driving about 5 miles in total, plus a bit of shoe leather - lol. The food was all in house apart from the Lamb Moussaka which was bought deliberately for £1.69 (reduced from £2.40). Still a very low cost date compared to the ones we used to have. I wonder what we could do next week? Any ideas please do comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment