Sunday 15 August 2010

Picnic Date Night

Our date night this week was a picnic in the car. I simply packed a healthy salad and a can of fiery ginger beer which we shared. We drove to a picturesque location which was about half an hour away. We went on a short walk and watched several squirrels scampering up and down the trees. I had purchased a new short flippy red and white skirt as my Husband had wanted me to buy one. I wore it with a white t-shirt and my white crochet cardigan.

This week's date cost us the fuel for the car, 1 hours drive, £3 for the skirt and 17p for the can of ginger beer. All the food was already in my pantry and not bought special for the date. Our car is very economical on fuel as it is just a little runabout and we got 5p off per litre when I last refuelled due to petrol vouchers we were given at the store. The flippy skirt will be reworn for other dates and was purchased at our local charity shop, so the charity benefited from that purchase. Yet another successful reasonable cost date with emphasis on togetherness rather than expense.

No comments:

Post a Comment