Monday 9 August 2010

Son's 13th Birthday

My oldest Son became a teenager on Saturday! For his birthday he wanted a pair of work boots like his Dad's, I got him a black pair. His Dad found just the gift for him, a mountain skateboard which is a large skateboard only it is all terrain and has huge wheels and pneumatic tyres! First my Son had to build it, putting on all the parts of the wheels and filling the tyres with air. We all had a lot of fun riding down the grassy hill on it, I captured the memory on the home video camera.

I haven't used our video camera for a few years now, my Husband was considering purchasing a new one as the model is a bit outdated now but it is a good one and it still works. So in the end we just dusted it off and my Husband bought new rechargable batteries for it. The children will love watching it all when they are a bit older.

Both sets of Grandparents gave him money as gifts and it is now already in his bank account. For his cake I purchased a cake topper Bendos skateboarding figure with a large black skateboard just like his new one! He now has it as an ornament for his bedroom as a reminder, the yummy chocolate cake has already been eaten.

No comments:

Post a Comment