Monday 12 July 2010

Amazon Sell Groceries?

Just finished my online grocery order then spent a bit of time browsing and found that Amazon are now starting to sell groceries online! Whatever next. No minimum order and free delivery, sounds good, in fact it sounds too good to be true. Will be investigating further!

After a bit of exploring I found that whereas you could get free delivery on some items, such as Walkers crisps, you had to buy them in bulk to get it. I was surprised to find fresh fruit and meat but these are expensive to buy if you just wanted a bunch of grapes or a chicken as you get charged extortionate rates for delivery, far above the cost of the goods.

Frugal conclusion? I'll stick with my supermarkets at the moment thank you but will keep an eye out on Amazon for the future, just in case they do get their act together and become competitive.

No comments:

Post a Comment