Thursday 1 July 2010

Antique Hunting at Topsham















My Husband and I recently enjoyed a trip to Topsham antique hunting. We visited the Quay Centre which is in a really picturesque location on the quayside full of expensive boats. The centre is on three levels with treasures stuffed into every nook and cranny! It felt like we were looking around a very large museum, only it was better than some of the smaller museums we have around here. I only made one purchase, a beautiful floral antique hand painted dinner plate in the Rose Chintz design. These plates were made by the Johnson Brothers and this design came into production in the 1930's but have since been discontinued. This gorgeous dinner plate was a bargain at just £4!! I bought this plate to use though, not to put on display, or just stick in a cupboard. I want to enjoy my purchase!

No comments:

Post a Comment