Thursday 15 July 2010

Lunch Date

Today was a different kind of day as we had an appointment this morning several miles away, so decided to eat out for a lunch date. As I have Saturweigh in mind coupled with a wedding to attend this weekend I opted for a full salad with tender gammon ham. It arrived on a large white oval plate which was the size of a serving platter! I enjoyed the mix of shredded lettuce, red cabbage, raw onion and carrot and cabbage coleslaw, heart shaped slices of tomato and 2 large slices of gammon ham. Also, I had 2 hot slices of crusty french bread with butter which was included with the salad. My Husband chose the full English breakfast and a purchased a can with his meal and asked for 2 glasses, so I poured my bottled water into my glass to have with my meal. We didn't have dessert or hot drinks, so my meal came to £4.60.

After lunch we went shopping, first to a home supplies store which sold just about everything you could think of for homeware. Then to a posh showroom full of Aga's and accessories, other ranges, lots of woodburning stoves and boilers. We were just looking for ideas for our home really. Next we went to a garden centre which also sold many gifts, we had fun looking around the shop and reading out interesting or funny bits out of their books. There was a small gallery next door so we had a quick look in there but the prices made me feel very uneasy and I was soon out the door! So how much did my Husband and I spend on this shopping trip you may be wondering? Nothing! We really must be true frugalists. I came away saying how I had changed and that charity shop prices made me feel that everything else was very expensive. We enjoyed our shopping experience though and it didn't matter that we came home without anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment