Saturday 31 July 2010

Saturweigh

Today is Saturweigh for me. On Saturday 10th July I set myself the challenge of losing 21 pounds in 21 weeks, ending on Saturday 4th December. During the first week I managed to lose 2 pounds then last week after munching through my 40th birthday celebrations, a family picnic and a wedding I 'knew' I had put on weight, I could feel it! I gave myself a week off to recover rather than incur guilt as I don't need any discouragement at this early stage. Over the past week we have had another birthday party and a date meal but I have taken more walks for exercise. I bravely stepped on the scales this morning...

My starting weight was 12 stone, the last weigh in was 11:12. Todays reading was 11:13. Although this isn't great, it's not too far out. I have lost the total of 1 pound in 3 weeks. If I worked hard I could get back on target again. Although, we did go to my niece's birthday party today! Lol. That is life though, eating out, date meals, visiting friends, birthdays, weddings and other social celebrations happen regularly, for us they do anyway, so we just have to manage it. Exercise is key to helping me manage my weight, I am convinced. I need to improve my fitness level anyway for increased stamina. Here's hoping for a good week of not eating and exercise, resulting in an encouraging reading next Saturweigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment