Friday 16 July 2010

New Savings Accounts

This morning I visited our local branch of Nationwide with my Daughter age 16 and we both opened new savings accounts with better rates of interest than our previous accounts which we closed. Here's looking forward to the interest instead of looking at the statement in disbelief and thinking how much, is that all? I think it will encourage me to actually put money in the account now that there is a decent rate of interest.

While we were in town I bought a handbag sized cash book to keep track of my spending, I chose Silvine which is made in Britain of course! It's amazing how many British products I am buying now. Next we stopped at the supermarket and returned a couple of home products which weren't up to the quality mark and accepted the refund rather than replacement products. It was nice to get the money back in my account, now I can either save it or spend it again!

My Dad arrived this afternoon with another delivery of freshly picked raspberries, 15 large bowls again, he took 5 hours to pick them! My eldest Daughter will be making jam again tonight, the third Friday this month! We are enjoying eating it though and it is much more fruity and healthier than the shop jam.

No comments:

Post a Comment