Monday 26 July 2010

Decluttering Young Sons Bedroom

That's it, I've decided! My new project is decluttering. I have so many rooms that would greatly benefit from having items removed and donated to freecycle at church, to charity or to be stored neatly elsewhere until needed.

Plan:
  • Donate stuff to freecycle
  • Unwanted clothes to charity shop or recycling
  • Box up books, toys & irregularly used items neatly
  • Sell suitable items on ebay for a few pounds or pennies
  • Sort one room at a time!
The first room I am starting with is my two youngest Sons bedroom. Although they tidy their room on Saturday's in order to get a chocolate/sweet treat they tend to sneak stuff under the wardrobe, chest of drawers and under their bunk bed. I have spent the morning pulling out books, which are now boxed, paper trash, gone to the bin, and items of lost clothing - especially odd socks.

Next the room needs hoovering, then I will go through their wardrobe and remove surplus items. My youngest Son seems to have a rather high stack of home trousers due to me passing down his older brothers trousers.   Also I like him to be smart when he goes out, so if they get a stain or start to look a bit faded then I replace them and give him the old pair to wear at home. I don't think there is anything wrong with this method but it is time to be harsh and remove the oldest or least liked pairs, in order for my Son aged 5 to be able to keep his trouser pile tidy. In the case of clothing, as long as we have a few basic key items I think that after that; 'less stuff equals less stress'.

No comments:

Post a Comment