Wednesday 21 July 2010

Poppy Dress Present

It was back to Topsham shopping with my Husband again yesterday, I picked up a few more cheap pieces of clothing, some breaking the experts rules as they are a little tight yet but were bought 'to grow into'! 21 pounds/21 weeks challenge should help me with that though.

The purchase of the day this time wasn't the charity shop clothing but a more expensive item. We left it 'til last but then daringly ventured into 'The Wardrobe', well named as it is full of beautiful but expensive designer clothing from people's wardrobes. It is a dress agency shop where customers bring brand new, or good as new clothing which they wore once for a special occasion such a wedding. The owner gets 50% and the dress agency gets 50% for selling it.

The special purchase was a red, white and black poppy design Per Una dress. I love red so noticed it straight away. (I have been avoiding Per una which I love and other similar kinds of shops for a while but this is exactly the kind of dress I would have been tempted by if I had gone there.) The poppy dress was brand new with tags and said £45 as the Per Una price but it was now £28. Now I haven't bought anything that expensive for a long time but we were looking for my special birthday present, my 40th birthday! I tried on the dress and it was gorgeous! After umming and ahhing over the price I gave in and accepted my present from my Husband. I can't wait to wear it!


No comments:

Post a Comment