Wednesday 7 July 2010

Facing Six Months of Accounts

Today I decided that I was brave enough to tackle the accounts! I added up the total spent at grocery stores during the past six months, it came to a shocking amount. However, when I looked further by dividing the full amount into the amount of weeks it worked out at £14 per person weekly. That means that I am spending just £2 per person a day!! I was feeling a bit better after I did this sum after the intial shock of the lump sum. I had actually met my goal that I had set last year.

January - June 2010

Per person:
  • £364 - 6 Months
  • £60 - Monthly
  • £14 - Weekly
  • £2 - Daily
This grocery budget includes all of my grocery spending, so as well as food it includes non-food items such as kitchen and house cleaning items, bathroom toiletries and washing powder etc. There were also some childrens clothes hidden in there and bunches of flowers for presents too. It would have been good to have separated the different categories so that I could see exactly what I had spent on each category but that would be more complicated and take up more time. I am thinking up ways to simply sort that out for the next six months, so maybe it will look different next time, watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment