Thursday 22 July 2010

Special Birthday!

For my 'special birthday' I had several cards, ranging from classy to downright cheeky! I mean, fancy saying that "all those candles would be a fire hazard"?! At least I didn't get presented with a walking stick like one of our friends did for his special birthday, actually it would have been quite useful after my recent foot op, lol. I have no use for one now though, it is healing nicely.

My Husband gave me the lovely Per Una poppy dress which we bought in Topsham yesterday, while I received cash from both my Parents and In-Laws which I am planning to save in the Nationwide account which I opened last week. It will be nice to have some savings in the bank again even if it takes a long time to build up, little and often is the key.

The family party featured a selection of dips in pots, some harmless like nachos cheese and sour cream with chives, the red peppers and pepperoni and hot salsa were a bit more fiery. These were enjoyed with tortilla chips and breadsticks. Dry roasted peanuts made nice nibbles too. Egg sandwiches filled up any hungry tummies and chocolate fridge cake disappeared fast. In our family we home make our birthday cakes and the birthday person gets to request the cake that they like eating best rather than the best decorated. I love chocolate naughty cake, so named because of the amount of calories it contains!

Evening dinner with my Husband was special as we decided to have it in our caravan dining area and he took the time to decorate it with our lovers ornament and picture from the house. He also lit scented candles on the table and played an Enya cd for background romantic music. We fetched our favourite Chinese take away, beef curry, egg fried rice and chips which he set out on plates along with a jug of chilled water with ice cubes and glasses.

After dinner he fetched profiteroles from the freezer and we left it to thaw while we went to the caravan bed at the other end. We snuggled in our duvet and watched 'while you were sleeping' on dvd on his laptop while sipping Malibu with ice, then we had our dairy cream filled profiteroles with chocolate sauce. It was a novelty to sleep the night in the caravan as we haven't been camping for ages!

No comments:

Post a Comment