Saturday 31 July 2010

Dryer Free Days

I am thanking God for the good weather we have been having recently. It may not be really hot but there has been sun and wind rather than rain, both of which are good for laundry. For three days now we haven't used the dryer at all, this is so good.

We are also still surviving without the comfort of the Aga, I would be lying if I said I didn't miss it, 'cos I do, but it's all in a good cause and it means we will really appreciate it when we put it back on. It should definately save on the oil bill too which is a definate bonus, although we are paying for electric to cook and immersion for hot water instead, so it's not a total saving there. We are still using the hob for meals as opposed to the oven as much as we can which helps. During the Winter months my Aga cooker doubles up as a second dryer and dries a lot of thick towels and denim jeans which take too long in the electric dryer.

Looking forward to lots more dryer free days over the next month, I can't believe it's August tomorrow, Summer will soon be over.

No comments:

Post a Comment