Sunday 25 July 2010

Freecycle Finds

Please don't get me wrong, we don't just go to church for the freecycle but it is always exciting to explore the goodies available. As I mentioned in an earlier post, we have already had a lot of finds in the past few weeks such as my Son's electric radio/alarm clock and youngest Daughter's Winnie the Pooh duvet and pillow case set. Not forgetting the multi-coloured child's office chair!

Today my Son age 12 was the first to get a find, a wooden framed poem about 'Why God made Grandad's'. He loves his Grandad who lives near us, so he took it home and gave it to him this afternoon. It's the thought that counts. My Daughter age 13 picked up a silver make-up case in pristine condition and a brand name pot of whipped body cream.

My find was a large old map of the county of Devonshire, now known as Devon, with all the place names in olde spellings. It is quite old but again in good condition. I don't yet have a frame large enough for it so have carefully rolled it up and put it away but I would love to frame it one day for historical interest. I know that some of the visitors to my home would be interested in it too and it could be a talking point. I am still looking for things around our house to donate for others to enjoy, perhaps that could be one of my next projects 'decluttering', oh joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment