Saturday 10 July 2010

Frugal Weight Loss


Saturday is my weekly weigh-in day and I have just stepped off the scales. I have been battling with my weight for a few years now. To my credit I have already lost 9lb this year which I have managed to keep off for a couple of months but my weight has stayed the same for weeks now without losing any more.

My start weight is 12 stone and my target weight is 10 and a half stone, that is a difference of 21 pounds so that is my aim; to lose 21 pounds. I aim to do this without paying for weight watchers or buying dietary products, rather to eat healthy whole foods wherever possible such as fruit, salad and vegetables with some fish, meat, nuts, egg, cheese etc. I mainly drink water with the occasional pure fruit juice and alternative hot drinks to replace tea and coffee.

I would like to do a little exercise and usually love walking but as I am recovering from an operation on my foot I am limited in this at the moment. I could manage a little walk around the house a few times a day if I made an effort though. Any kind of movement will use up a little energy so I need to move deliberately, will have to plan some extra movement into my day.

I don't envisage the weight falling off me at top speed but just want to lose it slowly but regularly, a pound a week would be nice and that would give me 21 weeks as a target, finishing on the 4th December! That sounds ages away but it also sounds possible without too much effort.

*I need to book for a blood test at the Dr's this week to confirm whether or not I am suffering from anaemia at the moment, as I am very tired and don't want my blood levels to drop further. Amaemia lowers my blood sugar levels and has caused me trouble in the past when I cut down on my food.

No comments:

Post a Comment